This morning as I was having my devotion, God really challenged me to take a step back, and determine what kind of day I was "going" to have - He even put a couple of creative opportunities on my heart.
Six creative ideas to make a bad day better or a good day great!
- Live it. Live your life, not someone else’s. God has a plan just for you today and it’s not mimicking, mocking, or meddling in the lives of others.
- Love it. Slow the heck down and enjoy life a little more and work on trying to stress a little less – the greatest treasures are found in the little things... and they're right in front of you.
- Own it. If you screw up, take responsibility. God always gives grace to the humble. Everyone blows it, but only the confident people will own it.
- Shut it. Intentionally show interest in the lives of others. In other words listen a little more, and speak a little (or a lot) less.
- Laugh at it. No, not at the antagonistic co-worker who just doused themselves in coffee and has toilet paper stuck on the bottom of their shoe, but rather learn not take yourself, or life, so seriously.Today is practice for the rest of your life – you might as well enjoy the ride. It’s a medical fact: people who laugh at themselves live longer, and those who laugh at others sometimes live much shorter (just think about it).
- Give thanks for it. Thankfulness is the key to more. Start with God and say, "Thanks!" Discipline yourself to find the good in your world, and as God leads you, communicate your thankfulness to others for the big and little things they do.